With the help of the local community, Aberdeen Cyrenians has been providing support to vulnerable people in the city for the past 50 years.
Through a range of services both in community and residential settings, the support focuses on:
- Prevention of homelessness - through outreach support and advice
- Alleviation of homelessness - through short-term and medium-term accommodation places along with Housing First programme
- Rehabilitation - tackling underlying issues such as domestic and sexual abuse, substance misuse and mental health
- Resettlement - practical help to learn the skills needed to live in the community, sustain a tenancy and gain employment.
The charity aims to help people to make planned changes in their lives, often at crucial periods of transition. All services are provided on a voluntary basis in recognition of people’s rights to choose if they want to access the support provided.
Governance and registration
Aberdeen Cyrenians is a registered charity in Scotland (SC014849) and a company limited by guarantee (SC070903). Our registered office address is 62 Summer Street, Aberdeen AB10 1SD.
The charity is governed by a board of trustees who bring a wealth of experience and expertise from many different sectors. Our current trustees are:
- Rebecca Walker - Chairperson
- Bruce Bricknell - Vice Chairperson
- Alistair Bisset - Treasurer
- Gordon Slessor
- Lauren Henderson.